Friday, November 26, 2010

MAC VENOMOUS VILLAINS

It's been a delay to put this collection on my blog. Strangely enough, I've been pretty busy for the last few weeks that's unusual for someone who doesn't have a full time job!


Anyway, the 1st item I bought for this collection was a Cremesheen Lipstick in Innocent Beware. I got it on the launch day in New Zealand (October 4). It was the only item that caught my eyes when I saw the collection review on www.temptalia.com I was very pleased with the purchase. So ,a couple of weeks later, I went back to get some more.


I  only allowed myself to get one item from each villain (Cruella de Vil, Evil Queen, Maleficent & Dr. Facilier). After, looking at lots of reviews on beauty blogs and countless visits to MAC counter for swatches. It has came down to 3 products: a lipglass, a duo mineral eyeshadow and a newly launch product, liquid powder.




Innocent Beware! is a lovely pink nude lipstick from Cruella de Vil. Unlike other nude lipsticks which can wash out the colour on my face & make me look dead. This lipstick has a slight hint of peach which gives a really warm tone it. As a Cremesheen lipstick, it glides on very smooth. However, I need to make sure that my lips are well scrubbed and moisturized before apply this colour on (Well, I think it requires super smooth lips for almost all of nude lipsticks).  



This is another lip product that I picked from this collection. A Lipglass in Strange Potion from Evil Queen. I also liked Devilishly Stylish from Cruella de Vil as it will go well with Innocent Beware that I already have. I bought this one because I haven't got any coral lipgloss in my collection. Strange Potion is a a soft coral pink with very light shimmer. I can wear this on its own or over Innocent Beware to make the nude lipstick even more wearable.


 
From Maleficent, I've got a Mineralize Duo Eyeshadow in She Who Dares. Half is a deep navy with blue shimmer and other half is a medium green with light green shimmer. I haven't got a chance to try out this duo yet but from the swatches they're very pigmented and have a very good staying power.



The last item is Magically Cool Liquid Powder. This is the only product that I told myself "you must get this". It's a totally brand new product from MAC which is launched with Venomous Villains. They were 2 shades to choose from. I went for a lighter shade of the two, Truth & Light. The girl who served me that I can use this as an everyday loose powder, whereas the darker shade is more like a bronzer or a powder for darker skin tone. As I already have quite a dark skin tone so I went for this one. What's amazing about this powder is that it gives a cool touch when applied it on my skin. I thought "Great! This would be perfect for the coming Summer". The powder goes on every sheer and the shimmery in the powder works well to brighten and highlight the skin.



When I first saw this Cool Liquid Powder, I thought it wouldn't work on my oily skin but I was wrong. The shimmer in the powder kind of blend and disappear into my skin. Gives a lovely dewy finish but doesn't make it shinny. However, I don't think I'll be using this powder as my everyday powder. It's a sold out item in NZ for this collection. I will use it sparingly until MAC puts this beautiful powder in their permanent line. 

All the products I bought for this collection are limited edition and that's why I decided to get them at the first place. Even though, some of them are not particularly unique but with the pretty sleeky black packaging and nice drawing of the villains on the box, I thought they're just a nice collection to own. 

Until next time....Be Beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment