Friday, December 3, 2010

METALLIC BLUE EYES

I had this blue eyes on the other day. It was a sunny breezy day. So I thought instead of wearing my normal brown/natural, I should put a bit of colours on my makeup to match the blue clear sky.


I used Urban Decay Primer Potion to prime my eye lids. As you all know, this process is important for eye makeup especially on a hot day, when makeup tends to slip off your face easily. Eye primer helps eyeshadow stay on longer & makes the colour more vibrant.

I used a light shimmery blue colour from my Coastal Scent Cool Palette from my inner corners & out to about 1/3 of the lids. Then I used MAC in Tilt on rest of my outer corner & blend the hush line of the 2 colours together.


I put dark charcoal blue from NYX I Dream of Antigua Palette on the outer v. To blend the hard edges on the outer corner, I used MAC Silver Ring. This added sparkles & brightened up the look. I also used Silver Ring on my tear ducts and on the 1/4 of my inner lower lash lines.


I don't like to line my waterlines & entire lower lash lines. So I only put on a soft line of the dark blue from NYX Palette on the outer corner of my lower lash lines. This made the eyes look bolder. For the eyeliner, I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil in Midnight. I only put on thin lines as I don't want the look to be too dark. I set the liner with the same dark blue from NYX palette. This will help the lines last longer. 


I finished off with curling my lashes and put a black mascara. I used Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof. I put about 2-3 coats for mascara. 

Here's my tip, I don't normally apply eyeshadow higher than my eyelids when I use bright colours. I think keeping the bright colours within my lid area make the bright shadows more wearable.

Hope you like this look :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment