Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BEAUTY HAUL - Lipstick Queen/MAC/Dolly Wink

I went out last Saturday initially just to take a short walk in town after I was being at home all day the day before. I felt that I needed to get out of the house for a while. You know, you can get pretty lazy if you're doing nothing all day. It was meant to be just a short stroll down the road. Yeah...I went out and ended up with these stuff.....a Dolly Wink False Eyelash Case, a MAC Cremesheen Lipstick and 2 x Lipstick Queen 15 Minutes of Fame Lip Glosses.


I saw that Smith & Caughey's (a department store in Auckland) was having their End of Season Sale so I went in to check out what they had on special. Nothing was really fancy me as I wasn't in the mood for shopping. Then I saw these lip glosses from Lipstick Queen. The colourful packaging caught my eyes. These 15 Minutes of Fame Lip Glosses are very pigmented and non-sticky. I never bought any Lipstick Queen products before. I like trying new products so I thought why didn't I give them a try? The price was also very attractive, normally retail at NZ$29.50 but I got them for NZ$12.40 each. What a bargain! I also like that they named each colour with each minute. I bought 4 Minutes (a neutral pink) and 6 Minutes (a bright peachy coral.



Top - Bottom: 6 Minutes - 4 Minutes

4 Minutes: Naughty Nude

6 Minutes; Bright Melon

with natural light
with flash
and once a girl starts to shop, you would never stop her....

I also got this cute Dolly Wink False Eyelash Case. If you've never heard of Dolly Wink. It's a popular cosmetics brand from Japan. This brand is popular in Asia. Their false lashes are very good quality. I have them in No.1 (I think they have up to No.6) and I love them a lot. They give full thick lashes but yet still look not too much. Anyway, I'm developing a new addiction to false lashes and I have them laying around everywhere. It's NZ$12.50 from an Asian cosmetics store at Mid City. With it, all my falsies will be neatly stored together and away from dust.




Inside, it's divided into 2 compartments. I'll put the used lashes on the big side and the end bits (that I trimmed off to fit on natural lash lines) in the smaller side. Perfect! Love it!


Here comes an all time most wanted nude lipstick...MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme d'Nude. Guess I don't have to say much about this product. It's the most popular MAC lipstick! It's a nude with pink undertone. I don't own many nude lip colours but this one is by far the most perfect nude lipstick for me. Every girl should own at least one nude lipstick, and if you want to get one I would recommend Creme d'Nude.



Not only that Cremesheen lipstick is my favourite finish for MAC lippies but the shade is just right for my skin tone. It doesn't make me look dead like most nude lipstick does. It's kind of sheer out my natural lip colour. It's always out of stock at my MAC counter. The girl at MAC told me that they've just had them in. So, I decided to get one. By the way. a nick on it was from my clumsy finger. 

And, that was it for my unplanned shopping trip. Even though it was an unexpected expense but I'm happy with everything I bought. I think I got them at reasonably good prices.

Until next time....Stay beautiful :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i just recently got interested in dolly wink products. I would appreciate it , if you'd tell me where abouts in the mid city did you purchase them? =) thanks xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete