Saturday, February 26, 2011

MAC MICKEY CONTRACTOR COLLECTION

On Valentine's night when we (my partner & I) were walking back home after our very casual Valentine's dinner, I noticed that there's an Asian cosmetics store in Chancery. I never noticed it before. So a couple of days later,  I decided to go and check it out. I was disappointed as everything is so over-priced. I could get the same thing way cheaper at Atrium.


Anyway, this is not what I'm going to talk about on this post. After disappointing with the ridiculously expensive Asian cosmetics, I went to MAC Pro Store which is over the road. I didn't go there for about 1-2 months. I usually go to MAC counter at my local department store as it's more convenient. I saw that I have Peacocky Collection. I've already got some of the eye shadows so I turned around to leave the store. And, there it was, a Mickey Contractor Collection that I've been waiting for! The girl at the store told me that this collection is only available at their 2 Auckland's Pro stores. It just came out a day before. Lucky me!



I picked up 5 products from this collection (oouch!): Athma Eye Shadow Quad, Matte Lipstick in Mehr, Eye Shadows in Oomph & Marvel, and Fuidline in Siahi.



I like this quad a lot. The colours are all great for everyday looks. Jaan - a beige with glitters, Folie - a medium-reddish brown, Vivah - a dark brown with sparkles, and Carbon - (everyone knows what this is) a matte black. I like Vivah the most in this quad. I've been wearing it for most of the days this week. Gorgeous brown :)

in natural light
Left to right: Jaan, Folie, Vivah, Carbon



Mehr lipstick is my most favourite in this collection. It's a matte lipstick but it goes on very creamy on my lips. I don't feel that it has a matte finish at all. It's just not as shinny as the other MAC lipstick finishes.


When I first tried it on at the store, I instantly felt in love with this lipstick. I don't usually wear a pinky pink lipstick but this one does brighten up my whole look when I put it on. However, as a matte lipstick it kind of shows up all the lines on my lips. So I fixed the problem by applying a thin layer of lipgloss over.



The next items are eye shadows. I got this two cos they're the colours that I likely to be using them. I know that purple looks good with my skin.

 
Marvel is a medium/dark shade of purple with shimmers. I wanted this one basically because I haven't got anything like it yet.

in natural light, with Urban Decay Primer Potion
with flash, with Urban Decay Primer Potion
Oomph is a dark green with shimmers. Out of the 2 shadows, I like this one better. The texture is smoother than Marvel. I think this shade would be nice for creating a green smoky look.

Fluidline in Siahi (in natrual light)
Fluidline in Siahi (with flash)
I was deciding between this shade and Ivy (the bright teal). The same reason for most of MAC products I bought, it's something I would wear for my normal looks.



Nothing much to say about this beautiful & unique eye liner except GORGEOUS!. It's a nice makeup item to have if you want to add some fun into your makeup collection. It can also transform your plain boring everyday look into an interesting eye-catching eye makeup.

in natural light
with flash
I was having a great time taking photos and doing swatches for this collection. Mickey is a MAC's Director of Makeup Artistry for India. I think his collection had been created to suit us, medium (or darker) skin tone. I guess that's why I found myself wanting so many things from this collection.



I hope you find this review helpful and gives you some ideas about the products before you hit a MAC store.

Take care x x

No comments:

Post a Comment