Sunday, March 13, 2011

REVLON COLORBURST LIPSTICKS

I bought these lipsticks weeks ago. I've been wanting to try them for a while. In New Zealand, Revlon is not a drugstore brand. Besides, it has a proper makeup counter in a department store. So, at NZ$27.99, they are rather expensive (It's about US$19). I bought them only because they had a BOGOF offer (Buy One Get One Free).


I picked up 2 of them: Soft Nude and Blush.

Left - Right: Soft Nude, Blush


I really like the packaging. They're sturdy and look like a high-end product. The colour that shows on the top is not something that you can relate to the real colour in the tube. They're pretty close but no very true to the colour. It's better to do some swatches or try on your lips if possible. 

 
Left - Right: Soft Nude, Blush

I like that they have REVLON imprinted on the actual products. it's pretty, I think :)

with flash

Soft Nude is just like what the name says. A nude lipstick. Apart from MAC Creme d'Nude, this would be a nude lipstick that I can wear and don't look dead or too wash out. I think this shade of nude is really flattering for yellow undertone Asian skin, which is what I have. 



Blush is a neutral pink. I really really like this colour. It's like my lips but better. I've been wearing it a lot lately. It's just an easy colour to wear & it goes with everything. I usually grab it when I was late to work in the morning. It's basically my current go-to lipstick.


The texture is really smooth & pigmented. Also, very moisturized. I love the fact that I can apply them without having to apply a lip balm underneath.

in natural light
with flash (sorry it's a bit blurry)

Here are the colours on my lips.

Blush (in natural light)
Blush (with flash)
Soft Nude (in natural light)
Soft Nude (with flash)

Some of my friends in Thailand might be thinking "OMG! Nancy's using Revlon?" In Thailand, Revlon is a brand that not very popular. Some even think of it as a brand for "the other class" (you know what I mean). These days I don't really care what brand I use as long as it's a good product. Why would I buy an expensive lipstick when I can get the same quality (or even better) but cheaper. The "high-end only" attitude for me is fading away. Who cares what I have on my lips? 

Anyway, that's it for this post. I'll see you again in the next couple of days. I have many hauls & reviews that I have on my hand but haven't got around to them yet. I'll try to post them within this coming week.

Thanks for reading :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment