Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TURORIAL: AMETHYST SMOKEY EYES

I haven't worn purple for a while so today I decided to create this smokey purple look. This look was actually inspired by one of my high school friends in Bangkok. She used her Bobbi Brown's Peony & Python Palette on her the other day. As I don't have the palette so I just used whatever I have. Hoping it would be a substitute :) This look is super easy to do. Done in 10 minutes!

with flash

Here's a list of what I used.....

FACE:
Thlos Rice Milk Moisturizer
iqqu Advance Sunscreen SPF35 UVA/UVB (It was a very sunny day so this is a MUST)
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF15 (I've got this in a sample jar from Mecca Cosmetica & I'm loving it)
Missha M Cover Master Foundation No.23
- Maybelline Age Rewind Double Face Perfector in Medium (I used this to cover the dark spots
- Missha Under Eye Brightener in Natural Beige
- MAC Studio Fix NC30 (I used this to set my face & for an extra coverage)

Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Amethyst Smokes

EYES:
- e.l.f. Eye Lid Primer
- Amethyst Smokes (1) (All over my lids)
- Amethyst Smokes (2) (Outer part of my lids & deepen the colour on the outer V & in the crease. And, to smudge on my lower lash lines, about 2/3 way in from the outer corner)
- Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Malted (I used this as a transition colour)
- Amethyst Smokes (3) (As a highlight under my brow bones & the inner corner of my eyes)
- Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown
- Missha Gel Eyeliner in Dark Gray (I used this colour instead of black as I don't want my eyes to look to intense. I lined both upper & lower lash lines, and tight lined. Then smudge it out for for a softer look)
- Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara in Soft Black

CONTOUR & CHEEKS:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark (To contour my cheekbones, under my chin, on my temples and the bridge of my nose)
- MAC Power Blush in Mighty Aphrodite from Wonder Woman Collection (I swirled the colours together & apply on the apple of my cheeks)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Pink Power also from Wonder Woman (I put the pink colour over the blush & used the highlighter shade on top of my ckeekbones & over my brow)

LIPS:
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Marquise d' (Applied all over my lips)

in natural light

in natural light


 ~~ FIN ~~


P/S - Next tutorial will be a green look for St. Patrick's Day :)


2 comments:

  1. Nong Nan, this looks GREAT! I feel like every time I do smoky eyes I came out looking either like a raccoon or a streetwalker. LOL

    I can hardly wait for your video tutorials...heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ka :) I used to afraid of wearing smoky eyes but now I have few tricks that work on me. Good under eye concealer is a key. Also, I don't line my waterline with black. I just put a darkest shade I use on my lids on my lower lash lines. Hope these tricks work for you too :)

    ReplyDelete