Monday, January 2, 2012

SLEEK MAKEUP OH SO SPECIAL i-DIVINE EYESHADOW PALETTE

I have heard & seen many good reviews about Sleek Makeup i-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes but couldn't get my hand on them. If you haven't heard about Sleek Makeup, it is a UK drugstore makeup brand. You can usually find their products on their website www.sleekmakeup.com or www.crushcosmetics.com.au or on eBay. 


Then last week I found that Star Cosmetics, a NZ based online makeup store, just recently has these palettes in stock. I have bought a few things from them before and was happy with the quality & the service. So I decided to purchase one palette to try out. It's NZ$30 plus NZ$3.50 (Fast Post) or NZ$5 (Courier) which I think are very reasonable.
 

They have 7 i-Divine Palettes available at Start Cosmetics: Original, Storm, Oh So Special, Sunset, Acid, Me Myself & Eye, and Bad Girl. I picked "Oh So Special" as it has a good mixture of matte & shimmery shades. And, the colours are great for everyday looks.



There are 12 eyeshadow colours in each i-Divine palette. For Oh So Special, there are 6 matte/satin shades and 6 Shimmery shades.


I really like the combination of the colours in this palette. The colours range from a light matte for a highlight (I don't like using a shimmery shade as a highlight under my brow bones) & an essential matte black (everyone needs to have a matte black eyeshadow, so it's always good to have one).



Most of the shades have great pigmentation. Boxed & Wrapped Up are not as intense as they look in the pan but still give a reasonable colour pay-off.


My favourite colours are Organza, Glitz, Celebrate & Gateau. I can see myself using The Mail & Boxed a lot as transition/blending colours. Noir is a black but not as deep & intense as MAC Carbon. So that would be a good alternative when I want to deepen the looks but don't want to look too harsh.


I think the packaging is really neat. It's a sturdy black plastic compact with big mirror inside. Easy to open. The size is about the size of my hand. Great to pop inside a makeup case for a day on the go or fro traveling.

So far, I'm very happy with this product. I can only give my final thought after I actually use it on my face. If the staying powder is great, this would be my 2nd favourite palette. The 1st, of course, is my Urban Decay NAKED palette.


No comments:

Post a Comment