Thursday, February 16, 2012

FAIRY DROPS MASCARA & DOLLY WINK LIQUID EYELINER

My friend just went to Hong Kong & I asked her to get a few things for me. I know you might wonder "Japanese cosmetics in Hong Kong?" Well, the truth is it's cheaper to buy Japanese cosmetics in Hong Kong than in Japan! I paid NZ$40 for both of them which is a really good bargain.


There were 3 things I wanted on the list but she managed to find 2 for me. FairyDrops Mascara and Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner. The one that is missing is Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation. I will have to hunt for that online later.


FairyDrops Platinum Mascara Waterproof is what I've been wanting to get my hands on. I saw they sell this at Asian cosmetics stores in town but they're a bit overpriced. So I've been avoid buying it for months.  As always, Japanese cosmetics have super cute packaging. This one doesn't disappoint me. It has a pink metallic tube with white printed details. 


I always use waterproof mascara because normal formula doesn't hold the curls on my lashes. The hassle of removing it off at the end of the day doesn't bother me. With a good eye makeup remover, it's an easy task just like cleansing my face.What unique about this mascara is the shape of the brush. It has three ball shape along a curved brush.


The one I have is a long & curl version. This is a fiber mascara so you know it will add lots of length. I like the look it gives to my lashes. They look thin & really long after a few coats. It feels light on my lashes with no clumps. This is not the blackest black of mascaras but it's dark enough to give a great definition to my eyes.


Look at this packaging!!  Cute, ha? Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner comes in pink & black plastic case. The pencil is very sleek in pink with purple print & black cap.


I don't usually use liquid eyeliner but I really want to try this one out. I like the thin pointed tip. I imagine it would give a very precise line. Perfect for winged eye.


I've only tried it once. It has a good staying power. Once I apply it & leave it to dry completely. It doesn't smudge at all. However, it does fade during my normal 9 hrs working day.

So far, Japanese cosmetics haven't disappointed me. I've now set myself on a mission to try out more of Asian cosmetics.

3 comments:

  1. nice review. I hope I can get my hands on the Dolly Wink too^_^

    Check out my review on Fairy Drops Mascara here:

    http://beautyanon.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/review-fairy-drops-mascara/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete