Sunday, December 30, 2012

P HAUL: DRUGSTORE MAKEUP, AVON & SEDONA LACE

I bought these items during the last 2 weeks. I've tried most of them which I have a very good 1st impression with. I bought all of these items online. It's slowly turned into my favourite way of shopping for cosmetics especially for lower cost items.

With no further delay, here's what I've got...



AVON Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation (Medium Beige): I bought this foundation purely based on gossmakeupartist's comment on his youtube channel. Avon NZ has a very limited range of shades for their foundations. For this foundation, they have 6 shades: 1 x Light, 3 x Light/Medium & 2 x Medium. I used it a few times already and I have to say I quite like it. It's really a breeze to apply & goes on very smoothly. When I looked at the bottle, I thought oh no it's got shimmers in it (like Revlon Photoready Foundation). But after I applied it on my skin, there's no trace of shimmers at all. It only gives a nice luminous glow to my skin. 

L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara (Black): L'Oreal in NZ doesn't have any original Voluminous Mascaras. I bought this one from a seller on Trade Me (NZ ebay). I only use waterproof mascara because normal formula doesn't hold my curls at all. I've only tried this once but it's still a little too wet for my liking. I'll leave it to dry up a bit more. Yes, it sounds weird but I like drier mascaras. They work best on my lashes.

Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder (Sandy Beige): This sets my foundation very well. It's also very good for touching-up during the day to get rid of the shine on my face. I just apply it with a puff that comes in the compact and it works fine. Not cakey & very pore-friendly.

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer: I have to admit I like this primer more than my Smashbox Oil-Free Primer. It goes on very smooth which gives a perfect base for my foundation. It covers pores very well & also makes my foundation last longer. Most of all, it doesn't break me out like most primers did to my skin.

AVON Smooth Minerals Pressed Powder (Light Beige): It's very powdery & chunky. It didn't sit on my face very well at all. It's not friendly to my fine lines & pores either. It made my face look really cakey after I put it on. I tried it with a powder brush, a puff, a sponge, a kabuki brush, and nothing worked for me So, I decided to return it. 

Sedona Lace Synthetic Angled Top Brush (602): Two reasons I decided to get this brush are; I love the purple/black on the bristles and I've read many reviews saying Sedona Lace brushes are softer than Sigma Sigmax brushes. Well, I totally agree with the softness of this brush. I just couldn't stop rubbing it all over my face when I 1st got it. I haven't actually used it yet but I'm planning to use it for my foundation. I bought this brush from www.addicted2.co.nz. A NZ based online shop which also carries MAC 7 Urban Decay products at good prices.

theBalm Time Balm Concealer (Light/Medium): Recently, I've heard many raves about the brand, theBalm. They're known to have good quality eyeshadows (eg. NudeTude Palette), powder blushes (eg. Hot Mama & Cabana Boy), and a highlighter (Mary-Lou Mannizer). So I thought I would give this product a try. I bought this concealer from www.strawberrynet.com. It arrived in 5 days! I just couldn't believe how fast it was for this item to get here. I'm not a big fan of the packaging. It's like a plastic sample jar, just a little bigger. Nothing's glamorous about it. The concealer has a thick cream consistency, but goes on nicely when applying with my fingers.

L'Oreal Infallible Lipcolour Stars Collection (Linda's Beige):This lipstick comes in a shinny silver compact which holds a lip colour & a conditioning balm to seal the colour. I was worried that this lipstick would have the same 'old lady' smell like other L'Oreal lipsticks do. But, no it doesn't!! The lip colour has a very faded scent which I can't tell what it is. The balm has a fruity scent to it which I quite like. I've only tried this once & was very happy with the staying powder. Linda's Beige is a medium rosy nude. It's brighten up my complexion & a great everyday colour.

Thanks for checking out my blog post :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



1 comment:

  1. hey!! Was just wondering do the items arrive directly at your home, or do you have to clear it from customs?

    ReplyDelete