Tuesday, August 27, 2013

DIY: HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT TOOTHPASTE

Have you ever looked at the list of ingredients on the side of a toothpaste? If you have, you would probably have a question like me. Why do they put so many things in there? Most of which I can't even pronounce and many of them don't have very good reputations of being good for your health eg. SLS & Triclosan. Especially now that there's many studies about Fluoride, that it might be bad for you. It makes me wonder why I want to put these chemicals in my mouth (and possibly my stomach) at least twice a day.


So, I decided to make my own toothpaste with only a few ingredients most of which I can find in my kitchen & in my bathroom cabinet.

Here's what you need:


6 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Glycerin
3 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Salt 
(I use sea salt but normal table salt would do)
1 Tsp Hydrogen Peroxide
(This is for whitening benefit. You can leave it out)
A few drop of liquid Stevia
(or a sachet of Stevia)
A few drops of Peppermint essence/oil

Mix everything together in a clear container with a lid. This should last for a few months.


It takes a while to get used to this kind of toothpaste; no bubbles and less cooling sensation. But I can tell you that I feel my teeth are as clean as using the normal toothpaste. The difference is that I know what's in there and they're safe for me.

Smile!



Be Peachy. Be Glamorous. Be You.


No comments:

Post a Comment