Saturday, August 3, 2013

REVIEW: SCHWARZKOPF ULTIMATE COLOUR MULTI-USAGE PERMANENT COLOUR FOAM

As much as I like my hair to be professionally coloured, I'm just a little too frugal to visit the salon every time I want to touch up my roots & cover my greys. The other day I went to get my usual Schwarzkopf hair colour products (either Brilliance or Live Salon Permanent), I saw this new Ultimate Colour Multi-Usage Permanent Colour Foam (Phew! quite a mouthful there) on the shelf. I decided to give it a go for a change.


The word multi-usage is what draw me to this product. It claims to be enough product for "regrowth application every 4 weeks for up to 6 months". That's like up to 6 times of root touch-ups. I would be happy just 2 times from 1 bottle. So, this sounds pretty good to me.


I picked the shade 400 Dark Brown as it's the closest one to my natural hair colour. And, it seems to be the closest one to the usual Schwazkopf hair colours I've used.


The foam applicator comes with 2 separate canisters. As you can see, there are 2 nozzles which pump out the 2 ingredients; one is a colour & one is a developer. When I squirted the foam out, I only saw very slight brown tint on one side. Well, it was more like white foam with a few streaks of light brown.


The thick foam was very easy to apply with no dripping at all. The mixture changed to a darker colour (more like what I expected) after leaving on my hair as instructed. Well, the process is pretty much like any other hair colouring products. The smell is not overpowering which is a good thing.

As it was the 1st time I used this products, I followed the full-head application & leave it for 30 minutes. I then rinsed off & conditioned as you normally do with an at-home hair colour. I have to say I was very disappointed with the result. It didn't cover any of my grey hair. What it did was slightly lightened my hair which makes the greys less obvious. 


I still have the rest of the products. So, I will redo it again, maybe next week & see if the second application will give me a better result than the initial one. 

I'll update you on that.





No comments:

Post a Comment