Friday, February 21, 2014

CLARINS SKIN ILLUSION FOUNDATION SPF 10

I grew up watching my mom uses Clarins skincare products, never makeup. I didn't recognise it as a makeup brand, until recently I saw a few Youtube gurus talked about their Clarins foundations. So I thought I should give the brand a go.


I bought mine from strawberrynet.com for NZ$50 (I think it's NZ$64 at Farmers). It arrived within the time frame I usually expect from this company, 7-10 working days. 

It comes in a sturdy glass bottle with 30 ml. (1.1 oz) of product, which is a standard size for most foundations. It has a SPF 10 which is alright. I picked the shade 108 Sand after I google-searched many swacthes on the net. It's a light/medium shade with yellow undertone. Well, at least it looks more yellow than other shades in this skin tone range.


The foundation has a very creamy texture. It goes on the skin smoothly. I prefer to apply this foundation with a Sigma F80 or Real Technique Expert Face Brush, then bounce a damped Beauty Blender to smooth everything out & remove any excess product. I find that it gives a nicer & more natural finish to my skin with this method.

This foundation lasts about 7-8 hours on my oily/combination skin with one touch-up during the day. FYI: I use it with a primer and a setting powder. It oxidized a little on my skin after a while but nothing too dramatic.


The only thing that I dislike about this foundation is the fragrance is really strong. It smells like a makeup in the 80s-90s. You know, the old lady's makeup scent. That's the smell it has. However, it fades away after a while. The colour isn't my perfect match but it's alright after powdering & contouring.




Be Peachy. Be Glamorous. Be You.




No comments:

Post a Comment